Friday, January 3, 2014

The Book of Me, Prompt 4 - Favorite Seasons

These Book of Me posts are inspired by weekly prompts provided by Julie at Angler's Rest.

My favorite season is, hands down, summer. I live for the sun & heat, and quite frankly, I could do without living in Vermont once winter comes around. In fact, we plan to move to Florida one day. Anthony's parents, sister, and nephew lives near Orlando, so we will likely end up somewhere in that area, as well. But for now, I will deal with the harsh winters (which is hard on days like today when the high temperature was -9 fahrenheit (-28 with the wind chill). Brrrrr

I take comfort in knowing that June will be back again, and with it, the beginning of summertime and all that summer entails:


The beach (Taken at Hampton Beach, New Hampshire)


Camping (Anthony making a campfire breakfast at Kenolie Village Campground in Newfane, Vermont)


Fairs (Anthony and I at the Champlain Valley Fair in Essex, Vermont)


4th of July celebrations (4th of July celebration on the state house green in Montpelier, Vermont)


Cremees - specifically of the maple variety (My daughter enjoying a yummy maple cremee at Morse Farm Sugarworks in Montpelier, Vermont)


Time with family (Taken at our family reunion)


And time with friends (Taken with my good friend, Rhonda, at the Ben & Jerry's factory in Waterbury, Vermont)

No comments :