Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Book of Me Prompt 3 - Your Physical Self

These Book of Me posts are inspired by weekly prompts provided by Julie at Angler's Rest.

I have to say, I am not completely thrilled with this prompt due to my own personal insecurities, but I set out to do all of the exercises, and so I will.

I have medium-length dark brown hair, and I'll admit I am beginning to grey. I haven't had bangs in probably about 15 years, since I was 18 or 19. I don't do a whole lot in the way of primping, so my hair is usually wash, brush, and go. I have it cut about once a year, and usually go as short as shoulder length. I have big, round, brown eyes. They are actually my favorite feature about myself. My face is round, my lips are small, and I have a scar on my left eyebrow that I got when my cousin, Jen, accidentally hit me with a golf club when I was 5. I needed several stitches. My earlobes are pierced, though I seldom where earrings anymore. They tend to hurt my ears after a while. My mom brought me to get them pierced for my 11th birthday (she also got me a spiral perm that year...eek). I've had my left ear cartilage pierced twice when I was a teenager, but both times my ear rejected the piercing and became infected. I wonder if that's the problem with my lobes, as well.

I am 5'3" and wear a size 14 jean (a lady never reveals her weight). I have three tattoos: a butterfly on my right inner hip, a ladybug on my right foot that I got with my best friend, Peaches (Jessica) (we got matching tattoos), and red, white & blue stars that incorporates my kid's names on my left shoulder blade. I will try to remember to get photos of them to add to this post at some point. I love my tattoos and hope to get one or two more. I only get small ones in discreet locations that can be covered if need be.

I wear a claddagh ring on my right ring finger. It brings me a little closer to my Irish heritage, and it's really pretty. I have tiny fingers, and my ring size is 6.

No comments :