Saturday, February 15, 2014

Irish Immigration to New England

I don't think I have mentioned here yet, but I also blog for Worldwide Genealogy: A Genealogical Collaboration. It's a relatively new blog that was started by Julie Goucher of Anglers Rest in which genealogy bloggers worldwide come together to post about genealogy as it relates to their region of the world.

Finnigans Slaters, and Stonepeggers:
A History of the Irish in Vermont
My recent post, Irish Immigration to New England via Canada, provides an introduction to the reasons why many Irish immigrants entered North America through Canada, and why they proceeded on to New England. If after you read my post you still want more information regarding this topic, you may want to consider purchasing Finnigans, Slaters and Stonepeggers: A History of the Irish in Vermont by Vincent E. Feeney (currently $17 on Amazon), which covers this topic in more detail.



No comments :