Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Book of Me, Prompt 1 - Who Are You

I have been trying to get myself to write my family story for several years now, but I never know where to begin. Today I found Julie Goucher's project, The Book of Me, Written by You, which is a series of writing prompts that is, in her own words, "a journey of rediscovery of yourself and perhaps your loved ones through your eyes." So I am going to attempt to complete each of her prompts, one by one, in this blog. I'll also be saving a copy to my offline genealogy file, which may (or may not) contain more personal details not appropriate for the public's eyes.

The first of these prompts is entitled, 'Who You Are' and the instructions are as follows:

"Ask yourself 20 times “Who are you?”

Each time you should give yourself a different answer, and if you can easily go beyond 20 then that is fine too."

1. A mother
2. A woman
3. A girlfriend
4. A genealogist
5. A daughter
6. A pet-owner
7. A giver
8. A friend
9. An office manager
10. A history lover
11. A traveler (when I can)
12. A dreamer
13. A writer
14. A movie lover
15. A wannabe crafter
16. A chronic dieter
17. A hopeless romantic
18. A shopoholic
19. A chocolate lover
20. A caffeine addict

No comments :