Monday, January 6, 2014

The Book of Me, Prompt 5 - Diaries and Journals

These Book of Me posts are inspired by weekly prompts provided by Julie at Angler's Rest.

This prompt asks that I talk about my journals and diaries, or any that I have inherited. This will be a short and easy post since there are none. Sure, I have kept diaries in the past, mostly when I was a teenager, but they never lasted, and I always ended up disposing of them after a while.

I do keep a journal where I keep my bucket list. I started it in January 2011 and have periodically added to it. Here is my list:

  1. Go to Ireland
  2. Visit the Amish country
  3. Go to Niagara Falls
  4. Bring daddy to a NASCAR race
  5. Go horseback riding along the ocean shoreline
  6. See Grease on Broadway
  7. Travel Route 66
  8. Buy a sports car
  9. Stay at the Mount Washington Hotel
  10. Swim with dolphins
  11. Go dog sledding
  12. Do the 3-day Breast Cancer walk
  13. Go para sailing
  14. Elope to Las Vegas
  15. Longest Yard Sale
  16. Freedom Trail in Boston
  17. Read the Bible
  18. See the Pacific Ocean
  19. Dance in the rain
  20. Visit Arlington National Cemetery and see the Changing of the Guard
  21. Visit Disney World - Completed in June 2011
  22. Learn sign language
  23. Volunteer in a third world country
  24. Finish my Associate's Degree
  25. Get a hairless cat
  26. Write a children's genealogy book
  27. Visit London
  28. Take a boat ride in Venice, Italy
  29. Grant a wish for a Make a Wish child
  30. Become a Fresh Air host family
  31. Stay in the Ice Hotel in Quebec City
  32. Go on an African Safari
  33. Drink margaritas on a Caribbean beach
  34. Attend a Native American Pow Wow
  35. Learn to Hula dance
  36. Go to the Daytona 500
  37. Go in a hot air balloon
  38. Bring Sierra to a NYC to work in a soup kitchen
  39. Marry and grow old with the love of my life
  40. Visit Ellis Island
  41. Do a penguin plunge
  42. Learn to drive a Harley
  43. Ride a camel on a Moroccan beach
  44. Run a 5K
  45. Visit Salem, Mass - Completed in spring 2011
  46. See Cinderella's Castle at Christmastime
  47. See Macy's parade live
  48. Visit Jerusalem 
Checking off one of my bucket list items in Disney World 2011

No comments :