Thursday, April 8, 2010

About this Vermont Genealogy Blog

I am a genealogy fanatic. A bit obsessed, really. And I love this wonderful, beautiful, serene state I live in (Vermont, if the title of this blog or post wasn't obvious). Combine both of those facts with my love of writing, and you have the birth of this Vermont genealogy blog.

My goal for this blog is to become a leading point of reference for genealogists residing in Vermont or performing research about their Vermont lineage. I will feature local genealogy classes, workshops, and evens on a monthly basis (so if you have anything coming up, by all means let me know about it). I will also include information related to conducting genealogy in Vermont and the history of Vermont.

At some point in the future I will be seeking out guest bloggers who can hopefully add a fresh spin to this blog. If you are an expert in genealogy, or simply a hobbyist with something interesting to share, and you are interested in guest blogging here, let me know.

If you have a blog related to Vermont or New England genealogy, I would be happy to check out your site, and as long as it is family friendly, and I feel could be of use and interest to my readers, I will include you in my blog roll. Of course, I would appreciate the same in return, but that is completely up to you.

Finally, if there is anything you would like to see covered in this blog, please let me know and I will consider posting about it at some point. I am especially interested in suggestions for regular features (such as the monthly list of events I previously mentioned).

Until next time...

No comments :