Provided below is a list of some of Vermont's genealogical organizations. If I am missing anything, please let me know so I can add it to the list.
1) Vermont Historical Society: The Vermont Historical Society has a museum of Vermont artifacts, documents, and books, located on State Street in Montpelier. They also have a genealogical library that is located on Route 302 in Barre. Each year, VHS hosts the Vermont History Expo.
2) Genealogical Society of Vermont: The Genealogical Society of Vermont is located in Randolph.
3) Vermont French-Canadian Genealogical Society; The Vermont French-Canadian Genealogical Society has a library in Essex for genealogists researching lines that extend into Quebec.
4) Welsh-American Genealogical Society: The Welsh-American Genealogical Society has a library in Poultney for genealogists researching Welsh-American lines.
5) Vermont Cemetery Association: The Vermont Cemetery Association is deidcated to preserving Vermont's cemeteries.
1 year ago